The 2016 Nissan NV200 is essentially a compact cargo van. It is a good fit for businesses that need a small to medium sized van that offers high efficiency, it is a good middle ground vehicle. Refrigerated van businesses will find the van a very good option to build their business on with its ergonomically enhanced design.
Technical Specification Overview
The 2016 NV200 is powered by a 2.0 litre DOHC 4-cylinder engine with an Xtronic CVT transmission that outputs 131 @ 5,200 rpm horsepower and 139 @ 4,800 rpm torque. For a van, the NV200 is a highly manoeuvrable cargo vehicle with a turning circle of 36.7 feet. The 2016 Nissan NV200 is a two-passenger front wheel drive cargo van and comes in two models; S and SV. It is very fuel efficient with its 10.2 kilometres per litre (KPL) in the city and 11.05 KPL on the highway and a combined value of 10.63 KPL usage.
What is the 2016 Nissan NV200 Interior like?
It has a small appearance on the exterior but has considerable space on the inside with a 680kg payload capacity and 12.7 cubic feet of cargo space. The NV200 has a low 19.5 inch load floor and room for a 40 by 48 inch pallet and this makes for efficient utilisation of the interior space. In addition it has 20 integrated reinforced cargo-mounting points which make for mounting cargo racks, shelves, partitions and bins, six floor-mounted D-ring tie-downs and its passenger seat can be folded down to make more room if needed.
What about its exterior design?
The 2016 Nissan NV200 has 40/60 split rear doors, 180 degrees maximum opening range for its rear cargo doors, which provides for easy offloading and onloading as the rear doors will swing out of the way, six roof rack mounting points for securing racks, power heated outside mirrors and sliding doors on both the driver and passenger’s sides. Even better, the NV200 comes with the option of adding on a rear sonar system.
How safe is the 2016 Nissan NV200?
The NV200 has the following safety features:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors
- Driver’s and passenger’s seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for side-impact and rollover head protection
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- 3-point ALR/ELR passenger seat belt system (ELR for driver)
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints
- Passenger’s seat top tether anchor
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Hood-buckling creases and safety stops
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Steering wheel lock
- Break-away engine mounts
- Slide-away brake pedal assembly
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Security System with alarm
- Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
If you are looking for a van to build on and modify as meets your needs for a refrigerated van, the 2016 Nissan NV200 is a safe, versatile and efficient van to seriously consider purchasing from Glacier Vehicles.