Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Refrigerated Vans Used For?
- 1.1 2018 Citroen Berlingo L1 H1 1.6 Enterprise Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.2 2017 Volkswagen Caddy C20 2.0 TDi Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.3 Matching Pair 2017 Ford Transit Connect T200 L1 Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.4 2017 Mercedes Citan 109 CDi LWB Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.5 2016 Peugeot Partner 750 L2 H1 LWB Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.6 2017 Citroen Berlingo L1 H1 1.6 BlueHDi Enterprise Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.7 2017 Renault Kangoo Maxi Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.8 2017 Fiat Doblo Cargo Maxi L2 H1 1300 Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.9 2017 Peugeot Partner L1 H1 Professional Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.10 2018 Mercedes Citan 109 CDi LWB Fridge Van For Sale
- 1.11 2018 Fiat Doblo Cargo L1 H1 1600 Fridge Van For Sale
- 2 Temperature-Controlled Vehicles for Transportation & Logistics
- 3 How Temperature-Controlled Van Refrigeration Units Work
- 4 Thermal Insulation in Fridge Vans
- 5 Thermal Engineering in Fridge Vans
- 6 Temperature Control in Refrigerated vans
- 7 What Components are Used in Your Refrigerator Van/Conversion?
- 8 Refrigerated Vans Cargo Options
- 9 Types of refrigerated van
- 10 Long Wheelbase (LWB)
- 11 Medium Wheelbase (MWB)
- 12 Short Wheelbase (SWB)
- 13 What Are Your Recommended Vehicle Brands?
- 14 Van Features
- 15 Optional Extras
A refrigerated van or truck is a vehicle used to move and store perishable cargo at specific temperatures. It is equipped with cooling equipment that helps keep the cargo at a steady temperature, until it arrives at its destination. We install powered refrigeration units into our glaciervehicles.com/vans/refrigerated/” title=”Refrigerated vans”>Refrigerated vans – other companies prefer vans that are ice-cooled with dry ice, or carbon dioxide-cooled using liquid.
What Are Refrigerated Vans Used For?
The high demand for perishable goods creates a need for reliable preservation systems. Freshness and safety of cargo intended for human consumption must be guaranteed, and microbial activity must be halted. Chemical composition must also remain untainted, and this is especially important for food products such as dairy, meat, fruits, and vegetables.
Pharmaceutical products have a special need for temperature-controlled logistics. Medical supplies must remain sterile, while certain drugs must be kept below specific temperatures to retain their efficacy. Other drugs can have potentially fatal consequences if they spoil, so refrigerated trucks are indispensable for their transportation. Refrigerated vans are used to transport fresh, perishable products, or temperature-sensitive products and equipment in the appropriate atmosphere. These products include:
Food: Perishable food like meat, fruits, vegetables, milk and cold beverages, are transported in a refrigerated van to ensure they don’t decay or perish.
Flowers: This ensures that flowers don’t wilt while in transport to various locations.
Insects: Some insects need to be transported in a cold temperature. For example, honey bees are transported to farms to pollinate corn and other food. Transporting them in a cool atmosphere prevents heat from damaging the colony.
Animals: Birds like penguins are transported with temperature-controlled trucks when they change their nests.
Cosmetics: Some cosmetics, like lipstick and other makeup products, need a cool temperature after being manufactured. They’re transported in fridge vans to keep them at an appropriate temperature before they get to the counter.
Perfumes: The chemical composition of perfumes is very delicate. Transporting them in a refrigerated van ensures that their chemical composition and fragrance doesn’t change.
Medical supplies: Medical supplies and medication are temperature sensitive. Items like flu vaccines, or blood required for a transfusion, need to be kept at the right temperature at all times.
Equipment: Appliances such as sound systems are temperature sensitive and need a cool environment when they’re moved from one location to another.