Table of Contents
Are you considering buying a refrigerated van for your foods but don’t know how it works? Have you wanted one so badly but are daunted by the prices you’ve been offered? Are you having problems finding the exact specifications that are right for you? Well look no further, Glacier Vehicles is what you need! No other company provides a high-quality refrigerated van at an affordable price, catering to the specifications of both established businesses and individuals.
Refrigerated Foods/ Frozen Foods
Foods are frozen for preservation. They do not require further preservatives once they are refrigerated because microorganisms do not grow at lower temperatures.
The following are some benefits of frozen foods.
- Freezing food slows down decomposition. One of the processes of achieving this includes flash freezing. Flash freezing is done in the food industry. Food items are subjected to temperatures well below the freezing point. According to research, the results have implications in climate control research.
- Food nutrients are preserved when they are refrigerated. There is little loss of Vitamin A in vegetables when they are frozen.
- It is effective in the preservation of food because it kills the pathogens responsible for food spoilage.
- Refrigerating your food saves you money especially when you buy them in their season.
Does Refrigeration Change the Nutritional Value of Foods?
The process of refrigeration does not specifically determine the healthiness or unhealthiness of food. This depends on the nutritional content of the food that gets frozen.
Contaminated foods can transmit pathogens which can lead to illness or death. Safety measures prevent harm to customers. Food safety considerations include food labelling, food additives, food hygiene, pesticides, and biotechnology and food requirements. The British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF) is the UK’s frozen food trade association which provides coverage for the entire cold chain ranging from large companies to SMEs.
Are there benefits to refrigeration vans?
Refrigerated vans are a must for the transportation of refrigerated and frozen food for individuals, small businesses, and national companies. Businesses such as catering and food delivery, pastry businesses, butchering services, fish mongering, pharmaceutical companies, among others require the use of fridge vans.
Many products including foil, plastic wraps or bags, freezer paper and airtight containers are designed for frozen food storage. Improper packaging causes air to dry out the food surfaces. While this may not cause illness or be fatal to your health, the food may become tough, soggy, or tasteless when consumed. This can be avoided with a refrigerated van as temperatures are controlled.
Freezing and Refrigeration of Foods
The freezing technique is reliable and cost-effective.
- Condenser (heat transfer): This device contains a network of thin pipes which condenses vapour into liquid.
- Compressor: Inside the compressor, gas is compressed to extremely high pressure.
- Evaporator: This device turns a chemical substance such as water into its gaseous-form/vapour. It does this by pushing air from the outside into high-pressure gas. This is called an air-conditioning system (A/C) or a refrigeration system.
- Diesel engine: This increases the air temperature inside the cylinder to such a high degree that atomised diesel fuel injected into the combustion chamber ignites spontaneously.
UK Delivery Services
Some companies provide delivery services when you purchase your refrigerated vehicles. Glacier Vehicles provides refrigerated vehicles for the transportation of your frozen goods with free delivery services to all its customers in the UK.
There is a wide selection of refrigerated vehicles. They vary in sizes and function based on the goods you stock, for example, flowers, vegetables, ice-cream, chicken, mince, fish, and ready meals are refrigerated at varying temperatures.
- Is your capital enough to buy a new freezer van and a used freezer van?
- What size of freezer van suits your business?
- What temperatures do you need to chill your goods?
- Does your business require a freezer van?
- Can the dealers meet your specifications?
Call Glacier Vehicles today on 02086687579 for answers to these questions.