What Are Freezer Vans Used For?
If any part of your business involves delivering fresh, perishable products such as foods or medical supplies, then a freezer van is not just an option; it is a necessity. A lot of products heavily depend on extreme temperatures to maintain their quality. Products like ice cream, frozen foods, and pharmaceuticals need to be stored in a temperature-controlled environment at all times. Freezer vans preserve them from the point of production to the point of delivery. Also, these vehicles ensure the safety of your products and maintain the health of your customers. Your business will be in serious jeopardy if people question the quality of your product. To protect your reputation, it is essential you get a freezer van for your business. Getting a large freezer van with bigger storage capacity is necessary to transport more cargo in a single trip, thereby saving you time and resources in the long term.
Temperature Controlled Vehicles for Your Transportation & Logistics Needs
The introduction of temperature controlled vehicles changed business logistics and increased the longevity of perishable goods.If you have a supply chain or cold chain related business, involved in the distribution of goods, then you know how important it is to have a trustworthy freezer vehicle to prevent mishaps. Here at Glacier Vehicles, we are committed to delivering superior pre-owned freezer vans in large sizes. Our experts convert a wide variety of used freezer vans made by different manufacturers. We work with precision and dedication to create freezer vans that fit your business needs and guarantee the quality of your products.Our large used freezer vans are effective in transporting and distributing temperature-sensitive goods over long distances and for long periods of time. At Glacier Vehicles we take into consideration the distance usually travelled, the cargo you work with, the type of terrain you frequent, and your budget to get you a freezer van in top form.
How Freezer Van Refrigeration Units Work
The most important aspect of a temperature-controlled vehicle is the refrigeration unit. A functional van that does not keep the goods at a specific temperature is just a normal van. At Glacier Vans, we are well aware of the importance of excellent engineering when it comes to temperature-sensitive vehicles. Proper insulation stops heat from entering the vehicle. Our experts install superior freezing units to all our vehicles to ensure we create a properly insulated environment. Our large pre-owned fridge vans, including our dry goods panel vans, have an insulated cargo area that is optimised for quality temperature control. Some aspects of our freezer vans include:
The main difference between a freezer van and a refrigerator van is the thickness of the insulation material used. Insulation is an essential component of freezer van conversions. The insulation used in large freezer vans is often of a higher quality and thickness than that of household freezers or fridge vans. Freezer vehicles work by removing heat from an insulated environment. The removal of heat energy from an insulated environment is what creates the required cold temperature. At Glacier Vehicles, we pay close attention to our insulation process, and we use thick, high-density polymer foam containing billions of minuscule air bubbles. The thick foam helps to create an insulated airtight compartment that stops heat from getting into the vehicle.
We work with major manufacturers and use materials of the highest quality in all our vehicles to ensure our large freezer vans protect the integrity of your goods. Our large used freezer vans are configured to be thermally efficient, and to operate in any condition. Our ” process follows a four-stage standard procedure which we strictly abide by when converting a large used van into a fully functional large used freezer van. The four-part freezer van conversion is outlined below: Styrofoam : Styrofoam or any other high-density polymer foam is used for the insulation of the van. It is a poor conductor of heat which makes it an ideal choice for insulation. In our freezer van conversions, the insulation is thick and is greater than the thickness of the refrigerator van’s walls. We install a high density Styrofoam that is 75mm thick in our freezer vans. We also insulate the entire surface of the van’s interior to ensure a tight seal. This way, heat cannot penetrate the vehicle. Wood boarding : Another important aspect of the ” process is to wood-board the van. The windows, walls, and doors of the van are boarded up using wood. The installation of these wooden boards increases the durability of the freezer van. The wood used is specially treated beforehand to prevent rot, using a food-safe, antibacterial fungicide. Fibreglass : We install standard fibreglass in our used freezer vans as part of the cost-effective insulating lining. Fibreglass is used like an interior sheeting, which makes the van freezer more efficient in holding the cold temperature for as long as possible. The fibreglass also acts as a keying agent for the GRP resin which is applied in the next stage. GRP resin interior : Without adequate insulation, the freezer van refrigeration unit would be of no use. The finishing touch of the large van is done with GRP (Glass Reinforced Polyester) resin using a wet lay roller. The GRP ensures consistent density and equal insulation across the entire van, thereby minimising infiltration, and maintaining an even temperature throughout the entire cargo area. When dry, it is 100% hygienic, durable and easy to clean. It is also easy to maintain due to its excellent chemical resistance properties. At Glacier Vehicles, our vans use a direct drive mechanism that powers the refrigeration compartment using the engine as a power source. The engine is modified to generate enough power to control the refrigeration, freezing system, condenser, compressor, and evaporator.
Precise temperature control and high thermal efficiency are major highlights of Glacier Vehicles’ large used freezer vans. The temperature range of a freezer van is around -18⁰C to -25⁰C. Temperature control makes it possible to regulate the temperature of the van. Air is drawn from the ambient environment outside, and circulated around hotter parts to keep them cool. The cooling compartment of the fridge truck also comes with a thermostat that allows you to regulate cooling in the fridge compartment. Part of the temperature control is the partition wall which can be either static or movable. The partition wall separates the cargo area from the driver cabin. This further minimises any heat entering the freezer from the cabin, with the added benefit of ensuring the freezing temperatures of the cargo hold do not inconvenience the driver or passenger.
What Are the Components Used in Your Freezer Vans Conversions Built With?
At Glacier Vehicles, we use light, strong, and durable components to optimise efficiency and to accommodate our clients’ different requirements. Our large used freezer vans are built using state-of-the-art GAH refrigeration systems. GAH designs, manufactures and maintains refrigeration systems that fit large used freezer vans. They have the best solutions to meet every requirement you may have, while still maintaining excellent fuel efficiency. After the installation of the GAH refrigeration system, all our vehicles go through multipoint checks and comprehensive MOT testing to guarantee the freezing vehicle is prepared for rigorous transportation and logistics needs.
- The freezer vans feature a 2 temperature fan kit and a dual compartment insulated cargo compartment, making it possible to hold multiple temperatures in one van. Because of this, cargo requiring different temperatures can be preserved at the same time.
- The van can attain and maintain temperatures from 0⁰C to -25⁰C.
- It can keep your cargo frozen for a long period.
- The interior of the large freezer vans features load-bearing floor panels that can be customised to suit your business needs.
Freezer Vans Cargo Options
- Meat rails
- Slide drawers
- Strip curtains
- Wet load, slip resistant floors
- Extra shelving or racking
- Standby capability
Types of Freezer Vans
We offer full fridge van conversion services at Glacier Vehicles, tailored to meet your unique specifications and storage requirements.Our range of used vehicles covers different van manufacturers, designs and models. The types of freezer vans we have are:
- Long Wheel Base LWB
- Medium Wheel Base MWB
- Short Wheel Base SWB
Wheelbase is the distance between the centre point of the front wheels and the centre-point of the rear wheels. It differs from the length of the vehicle. An LWB vehicle has the longest available base length. If what you require is a used jumbo refrigerated van, then LWB vans are the best fit.Some benefits of purchasing LWB vans, as is the case with most of our large used fridge vans, are listed below:
- They have more storage space.
- They offer smoother rides and greater comfort on rough roads.
- They have better fuel consumption.
- They are more stable at higher speeds.
The sizes of LWB vans differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, and from model to model. Contact us to get one that matches your specific business needs.
The medium to large used vehicles we have in stock are 3 to 4 pallet vans. Their internal length is between 2.9m and 4.2m. They can carry a payload from 800 kg to 1300 kg with ease. Glacier Vehicles ensures that all our large used freezer vans undergo thorough HPI checks and performance tests before they are delivered to you.We can also advise you regarding insurance, motor vehicle tax and VAT, and whether a diesel or petrol engine will be more cost-effective for your business operations. Contact us today and we will recommend a used freezer van that fits your business requirements and your budget from:
- Mercedes Sprinter
- Volkswagen Crafter
- Ford Transit
- Renault Master
- Vauxhall Movano
- Nissan NV400
- Citroen Relay
- Fiat Ducato
- Peugeot Boxer
- Iveco Daily
Our team of experts at Glacier Vehicles takes perfection and safety seriously. We have garnered a laudable reputation in the industry over the years and with each passing year, we strive to uphold it.To ensure our vans are reliable, all our vehicles come with these standard features:
- MOT Test: This is an annual test for basic roadworthiness and exhaust emissions levels, required in the UK for vehicles over three years old. We perform this test on all our used freezer vans before delivering them. That way, you are assured of a vehicle in top form in both body and structure.
- Multipoint Check: Multipoint inspection involves checking several key areas of your vehicle to determine that it is in top shape.
- Service: Our used and pre-owned vehicles undergo a series of maintenance procedures carried out before they are resold. Regular servicing is important for vehicles that have travelled a certain distance, as most of our used vehicles have.
- Warranty: At Glacier Vehicles, all our used freezer vans come with the remainder of their manufacturer’s Our vehicles also come with our 12-month warranty, and our freezer systems installed on your vehicle come with a 12-month warranty of their own.
- Callouts to mainland UK (extendable option): We are available for callouts in all parts of mainland UK.
- Free Delivery: We can have your selection of large used freezer vans delivered anywhere in the UK, wherever you want it and at whatever time that will be suitable for you. This service is available whether you are buying one or multiple used freezer vans.
- Conversions are New: The vehicle may be used, but the refrigerating system installed is brand new. All conversions of the large used freezer vans we have in stock are newly converted to ensure you’ll be getting a vehicle capable of optimal performance for years to come.
- Standby Facility: As a rule of thumb, all our vehicles come with standby facilities. This allows the freezer to be plugged into normal electrical mains outlets when stationa For those in the catering or delivery business, this is a beneficial feature.
In case you want to customise your freezer van, all you have to do is ask. We offer these optional features for your benefit:
- Alarm: For security purposes, we can install an alarm system on your freezer van to protect your van from theft.
- LED daytime running lights: This is lighting that is automatically switched on to increase the visibility of the freezer van in daylight. It is especially important if you operate in regions with low visibility during the day. The lights will cut through snow and rain to not only illuminate the road, but to also warn other road users of your presence.
- Air Conditioning: This will provide added comfort for drivers and passengers while on the road, by controlling the temperature and humidity in your large used fridge van’s driver cabin.
- Bluetooth: You can pair your phone with the truck so you can have hands-free access to it while driving.
- Cruise Control: It maintains your freezer van at a constant set speed, allowing the driver to relax when there is nothing but straight, open road ahead.
- Rear Parking Sensors: This allows you to have a view of your rear while parking so you don’t bump into other vehicles or structures.
- Sat Nav: GPS satellite navigation uses satellites to provide autonomous geospatial It helps you to track your freezer van. This way, the driver of your van will never get lost, and will make all their delivery appointments on time, using the most fuel efficient routes.
How Many Freezer Vans Do You Keep in Stock at Your Dealership?
We have a vast stock of used freezer vans available, from a variety of manufacturers. Our stock list is regularly changing because we are constantly selling and updating our stock with newly used vehicles. If you do not find the specific make and model you want, our team of experts will source the vehicle on your behalf and will see to its conversion and delivery at a price within your budget. To physically check out our stock, visit us at our office in Surrey, or call us on 0208 668 7579.
How Much Do Freezer Vehicles Cost?
The prices of large used freezer vans and trucks will differ depending on numerous factors, such as the manufacturer, the type of conversion you want and the model or design of the van. One thing you can be sure of is that at Glacier Vehicles, our prices are attractive. We deliver first class large used freezer vans at competitive prices. We also offer payment options and financing solutions that fit your budget, so you do not even have to pay for your large used freezer van at once. You can pay for the cost of your freezer van with multiple payments spread over several months or years, while you take full ownership of it. For a free quote, send us an email or call us today on 0208 668 7579.